- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
- 8+ year’s experience in a grain elevator or terminal
- Management experience
- Experience in leading an effective safety program
- Computer proficiency, including Microsoft Office skills preferred
- Strong mechanical and maintenance aptitude with ability to operate, service, and troubleshoot machinery
- Strong organizational and communication skills
- Ability to work and interact well with others
Hansen Agri-PLACEMENT is representing an established agricultural business who are searching for an experienced Superintendent for their operation. This position supervises location personnel and operations to maximize efficiencies, operate within applicable government regulations and Company policy, and assist in identifying and developing customer solutions and service. Responsible for both commercial and operational activities. Manage and implement all aspects of an environmental, safety and loss control program: maintain condition, quality, and quantity of products to avoid loss; maximize blends/drying/logistics; supervise/lead/train and motivate employees to work safely and productively.
• Provide leadership and ensure compliance with all required safety, regulatory, environmental, and company programs, including Federal, State, and Local regulations regarding Occupational Health and Safety, Environmental Protection, and Operational Permit requirements.
• Manage inventory control program, warehouse requirements, assess site security measures and housekeeping expectations.
• Enforce company policies and safety regulations for all workers and contractors.
• Documentation of the work being done for OSHA inspections and inserting into the DEKRA Preventative Maintenance program.
• Manage grain quality to capitalize on mix/blend opportunities.
• Lead talent development for location employees.
• Schedule and lead all production and maintenance functions.
• Analyze equipment failures and repairs for root cause and operational efficiency.
• Lead inventory condition and control program.
• Assist division and corporate management in development and execution of facility improvements.
• Manage workers onsite, including contractors, temps, and service providers.
• Demonstrate leadership by regular attendance and timeliness in reporting to work, meetings, and completing assignments.
• Communicate effectively with division and corporate management regarding all aspects of the facility and operation.
• Ensure efficient plant operations for process improvements, operational cost control and energy management.
• Conduct risk assessments and incident investigations as required.
PHYSICAL ASPECTS OF POSITION:
• Must be able to lift 50 pounds.
• Must be able to climb ladders and stairs.
• Some of the time spent will be sitting at a desk working on the computer.
• Must have a valid driver’s license.
• Will be working in hot/cold outdoors and dusty conditions.
• Travel may be required.