- Current Experience with Operations Management, Crop Production, Equipment Technology Driven with Precision Ag and it Software
- Commitment to excellence and high standards especially in terms of providing excellent results to land owners and neighbors within the farm production area
- Experience managing 6-10 individuals in a fast pace environment
- Good personality with good communication skills to work with vendors, neighbors, their team, and management
- Ability to take initiative and work independently using effective time management and organizational skills
- Professional appearance and demeanor
- Proven track record of being safe, dependable and reliable
- Strong organizational, multi-tasking, problem-solving, and analytical skills. Physical ability to lift, carry, push and pull 60 pounds (minimum) weight requirements
- Possess a valid driver license with good driving record
- Helpful and cheerful attitude is important
Hansen Agri-PLACEMENT is searching for a qualified Farm Operations Manager for this midwest farming operation. Person will need knowledge pertaining to crops commonly grown in upper midwest region. Will take full responsibility for managing the land, crops, employee's and equipment related to the farming enterprise. Supervise a team of 6-10 full and part-time employees. Manage employee's schedule and tasks that allow for operations to be done timely, and allows for reasonable work hours and conditions during peak seasons. Assist in maintaining Department of Agriculture records related to Nutrient Management Plans, and other regulations as needed. Knowledge and ability to use Precision Ag systems. Safely operate heavy farm application equipment including, corn planters, cultivators, and forklifts. Mange and record maintenance and repairs on equipment to ensure operating efficiency and safety. Work with neighbors and other operational divisions in a courteous and professional manner. Assist in the Management of general upkeep of all locations, and properties. Ideal candidates will possess a high level of initiative, discretion and independent judgement, with a can-do attitude and the ability to multitask. One who can see things that need to be done and figure out a way to do them effectively and efficiently. Need to be able to see the big picture. Experience managing Corn Silage harvest and Haylage harvest operations, as well as custom applicators managing manure nutrients to the field. A top candidate will be able to successfully multitask the management of the farming operation, the custom crew harvesting Haylage, and Corn Silage operations, along with custom manure operations The candidate will recognize that farming staff will often need to pitch in with the custom crews and dairy operation to get the job done. Experience clearing woods and other property management activities are a plus.
HOURS / DAYS / SCHEDULE
This is a full-time management position. A typical year-round average of 50 hours per week could be considered normal. In times of seasonal high demand, hours to be worked will likely exceed 50 per week (typically April through November). The ability to manage people and schedules during high/low demand events will greatly affect the hours involved. Qualified applicants must be available to work evenings and/or weekends as needed. Work will primarily be performed outdoors on and around commercial agriculture equipment and machinery.