- 5 years solid row crop production experience
- Good mechanical skills and aptitude
- Supervisory experience
- Position will require a hands-on foreman/working manager
- Solid production management experience needed
- Help direct planting, chemical/fertilizer application, harvesting, record keeping, etc.
- Inspection of equipment to ensure proper function
- Inspect fields to determine maturity dates of crops or to estimate potential crop damage
- Help assist in the purchases of machinery, equipment, and supplies
- Enforce safety regulations and interpret policies
- Make decisions, solve problems, analyze information, and evaluate results
- Organizing, planning, and prioritizing work
- Monitoring and controlling resources and management of material resources/inputs
- Appraise crop rotation, herbicide, pesticide, and fertilizer
- Ensure all documentation is securely entered into the appropriate management information and electronic file systems
- Partner with internal and external resources to ensure that all services and projects are timely delivered and completed effectively
- Help prioritize and delegate projects and oversee ongoing progress
- Strong communications, team building, integrity, work ethic, multi task, and ability to think outside the box
Hansen Agri-PLACEMENT is searching for a Farm Foreman-In-Training who will be very much hands-on in row crop production and will eventually help oversee day-to-day operations for this south-central crop producer. Really prefer 5+ years row crop production and who will help be responsible for personnel, equipment, and will also assist with the purchase of fertilizers, chemicals, and other inputs.
- Help hire, train, and supervise workers engaged in farming activities such as: planting, cultivating, harvesting, and storing of crops
- Farm equipment: be knowledgeable of its function, its abilities, and constraints, continually inspect its condition, perform daily maintenance on its components, perform regular cleaning inside and outside of the equipment, prepare it for its intended use, communicate and coordinate on preventive fluid maintenance and other mechanical repairs needed, effectively and safely operate, thoughtfully and proactively clean and store, and otherwise protect and be productive with equipment.
- Perform select equipment maintenance and repairs as time and resources permit
- Analyze soil to determine types and quantities of fertilizer and other soil amendments required for maximum crop production (in conjunction with consultant)
- Harvest and store crops
- Keep environmental records on farming activities, precipitation, etc.
- Coordinate with farm team on specific farming activities
- Perform weekly meetings with workers
To be considered for this position, please select the appropriate button listed below or call Eric Hansen at 308-382-7351.