This US company is backed by a highly successful Contract Research Organization in the crop care area based in India. This parent organization, with over 180 people, is an OECD-GLP certified laboratory that executes projects with agrochemicals for field efficacy testing, chemical analyses, toxicological studies, packaging testing, etc. This CRO currently serves many major multinational Agricultural organizations for registration data generation for these companies’ India operations.JOB QUALIFICATIONS:
- Minimum undergraduate degree in Agricultural Science, Crop-Science/Agronomy, Chemistry, or related field; Masters degree or higher preferred
- Significant account management and business development skills
- Minimum 7 years experience dealing with Ag formulations, field evaluations, test methods
- Strong knowledge of active ingredients and formulations of pesticides, biostimulants, etc.
- Well-networked within major national and multinational formulators of crop care products
- Good understanding/knowledge of current and emerging technical and regulatory trends in Crop Science field
- Working knowledge/experience with CRM systems
- Proven track record delivering against target
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Knowledge of Spanish would be a strong plus
- Ability to travel, domestically and internationally, as necessary
Hansen Agri-PLACEMENT is assisting a recently established US company in their search for a Senior Account Manager/Business Development Manager. Ideal individual will be a Business Development professional with a focus to sell lab and field testing services in all areas of Crop Care to clients in the US, LATAM, and Western Europe. This individual will bid and win projects that would leverage the research/testing division located in India for execution. This research/testing division’s successful track record with large multinationals, OECD-GLP certification, along with ISO-17025, SENASA (Argentina Food Safety) approvals, and a very competitive price structure should help the candidate pitch attractive proposals to the client.
For this role, several years of experience of Sales Account Management/Business Development in the Crop science sector is required. As this role includes a large geography as indicated above, with demonstrated success, a junior professional can be added to further supplement the workload of this role.
- With good understanding of the client’s needs, make strong proposal for each opportunity
- Manage negotiations with key stakeholders, senior executives and decision makers
- Successfully create business from existing and new customer accounts
- Build rapport and establish long-term relationships with clients
- Maintain and expand network by socializing in events like conferences and trade shows
- Use creative approaches to conceive and implement new marketing initiatives
- Leverage technology tools fully to track and follow-up with potential and existing clients
- Maintain a high customer satisfaction rating
- Demonstrate drive, energy, and passion in meeting and exceeding targets
***EMPLOYER IS LOOKING TO HIRE IMMEDIATELY***